Do you love Korean beauty products? Do you feel like there most definitely aren’t enough podcasts out there on topics surrounding Asian and Korean skincare and makeup? Well, I have some good news for you: today is the official birth of the K-Beauty Podcast, a love letter to all things K-Beauty, and you are warmly invited to join in!
Guys, I am bursting with excitement today because it’s finally here: the K-Beauty Podcast! After much sweat and quite a few tears over lost recordings, I am releasing the first of what will hopefully be a long number of episodes of the K-Beauty Podcast! This is my attempt at creating a more lively medium where I can geek out with all of you over topics connected to the world of Korean and other Asian skincare and makeup.
Please be patient with me while you listen – this is the first episode, and thus still quite a bit all over the place. My hope for the K-Beauty Podcast is, of course, for it to keep growing and developing into a project that many of you interested in Korean and Asian beauty like myself will find interesting and fun.
Today’s episode ONE of the K-Beauty Podcast is titled “The Beginning”, and it will tell you a little bit more about myself, my way too ambitious plans for the podcast, and include a little detour where I hark back to my academic roots, discussing something that has made me uncomfortable when it comes to the reporting on Asian skincare in the West.
Here it is, episode ONE of the K-Beauty Podcast:
I have uploaded the podcast on Soundcloud, and I am also applying to be included on Itunes, so hopefully in the near future it will become easier for you all to listen, download and follow the K-Beauty Podcast!
The K-Beauty Podcast “The Beginning” Episode Notes
Relevant K-Beauty reviews in English:
Relevant K-Beauty blog reviews in German:
- Leegeehaam Vita Propolis products, LJH Tee Trea products
- Kicho Natural Mineral Foaming Cleanser, Camellia Sleeping Pack, Ultra Moisturizing Sun Cream
- Leaders 7 Wonders Sheet Masks
Brands, people and products mentioned:
- Rootree Global home page – pure product porn!
- Blog post confirming that su:m37 has stopped producing the Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick for now – sad face!
- Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Cleanser – available for shipping to South Korea and the US (careful, automatic audio will play when opened!)
- Liah Yoo Youtube Channel
- Gothamista Youtube Channel
- Buy the Secret Key First Treatment Starting Essence Rose Edition at YesStyle*
- Konivéo Sheet Masks at Amazon Germany*
- Sheet mask favourite: Swanicoco Overnight Intensive Recharging Hydrogel Mask Pack at Beautytap*
- Whamisa Organic Flowers & Aloe Vera Fermented Hydrogel Mask at Stylekorean*
- Leaders 7 Wonders Sheet Masks: you can buy them in Europe at Feelunique,* and in the US via the Leaders USA online Shop or via Amazon US*
- Intro and Outro music: “Puzzle Pieces” by Lee Rosevere
Things that I awkwardly realised when I edited this K-Beauty Podcast episode…
- My voice sounds really odd!
- My German accent is much stronger than I ever realised…sadness
- Why did I say “welcome” at least four times instead of just once during this podcast?!
- Apparently I start talking in a pseudo fancy British accent whenever I get academical
- I breathe really intensely and had to cut out what felt like thousands of creepily loud breathing sounds
- Edward Said apparently foresaw the K-Beauty trend and how it would shape the way we in the West see Korean beauty standards…?
- My singing is horrible
- I seem to be very relaxed about ageing and about turning 39…not!
- Audacity is a devilish program that, I am sure, was invented by demons to torture us mortals!
Ok, now – that last thought is very unkind of me, and mostly stems from the fact that it took me ages to figure out what seem needlessly complicated processes. I simply hope that when I start the recording for next week’s episode, I will have an easier time splitting and merging and time shifting. Audacity is awesome: it’s free, it’s very detailed, and I am glad it exists, even though it did bring me to tears of frustration a couple of times last night.
So, that is all for today’s episode of the K-Beauty Podcast! I really hope you guys will like it, and that this can become a long-term project. Let me know what you think in the comments!
Take care guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!