It’s time for another episode of The K-Beauty Podcast, and today is all about K-beauty ingredients! Rather than getting stuck on whether or not “snail slime” is yucky or sexy, we are delving deeper into the world of K-beauty and look at 5 typical K-beauty ingredients that I personally consider to be super exciting!
I had a lot of fun recording episode 5 of The K-Beauty Podcast! Talking about exciting, “sexy” K-beauty ingredients is always a surefire way to make me perk up and feel super happy discussing this in-depth.
Now, I am not a chemist or skincare researcher, so I always have to rely on other awesome blogger in the community to give me the infos I need concerning what these ingredients actually do. Thus, I have linked a few interesting articles from people who are way better suited when it comes to talking about the science behind ingredients than little old “I have a PhD…in a humanities subject…ho-hum” me! As per usual, I have also linked the products mentioned throughout this podcast.
I would also like to most humbly apologise for constantly mispronouncing the word “propolis” throughout this podcast episode, yikes! So, without further ado – I hope you will enjoy episode FIVE of The K-Beauty Podcast, titled (a tiny bit cheekily…): “Beyond Snail: 5 Sexy K-Beauty Skincare Ingredients”!
Here is episode FIVE of The K-Beauty Podcast:
Episode Notes: Beyond Snail – 5 Sexy K-Beauty Skincare Ingredients
- Michelle from Labmuffin rounds up some scientific facts about snail slime
- Tracy from Fanserviced-B responds to that article from a certain blogger, defending snail slime and K-beauty as a whole (I love Tracy, she rocks!)
- Cosrx Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence – buy at Amazon US,* buy at Wishtrend*
- Intro and outro music: “Puzzle Pieces” by Lee Rosevere
Sexy K-Beauty Ingredients – No. 1: Propolis
- A short article on The Klog about the benefits of propolis
- Wikipedia entry on propolis with some pretty cool facts about the “bee glue”
- Leegeehaam Vita Propolis Ampoule – read my German review, buy at Amazon US,* buy at Amazon DE*
- Leegeehaam Vita Propolis Cream – buy at Amazon US*, I think this is being repackaged at the moment, so I couldn’t find any other shops that sells it at the moment!
- Tosowoong Propolis Sparkle Ampoule – buy at Yesstyle*
- Tosowoong Pure Propolis Masks, buy a single mask* or a 10 pack of masks at Yesstyle
- CNP Laboratory Propolis Energy Ampoule – buy at Stylekorean*, at Amazon US* (better price for you US peeps!)
Sexy K-Beauty Ingredients – No. 2: Beta Glucan
- Interesting article on Beta Glucan as an anti ageing allrounder
- iUNIK Beta Glucan Power Moisture Serum – buy at Unique4U
- iUNIK Beta Glucan Daily Moisture Cream – buy at Unique4U
- Graymelin Pure 100% Beta Glucan Serum – buy at kmall24
Sexy K-Beauty Ingredients – No. 3: Fermented Ingredients
- Michelle from Labmuffin critically evaluates the efficacy of fermented ingredients
- Whamisa Organic Flowers Deep Rich Toner – buy at Stylekorean*, buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
- Whamisa Organic Hydrogel Facial Masks – buy at Stylekorean*, buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
- Secret Key Rose First Treatment Essence – buy at Yesstyle* (it’s so good, you guys!)
- Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence Moist – buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
- Benton Fermentation Essence – buy at Stylekorean*, buy at Yesstyle* (best price)
- Benton Fermentation Eye Cream – buy at Stylekorean*, buy at Yesstyle* (best price)
Sexy K-Beauty Ingredients – No. 4: Red Ginseng
- Article on the benefits of red ginseng – mind you, it is from “Korea Ginseng Corp”, so I suspect a slight, um, bias
- Missha Cho Gong Jin gift set – buy at Yesstyle* (it’s not cheap, but you get all the classics from the line)
- Missha Cho Gong Jin Essence, my favourite product from the line – buy at Stylekorean*
- US viewers/listeners beware: you should avoid buying Missha products directly from the Missha US online store, since there have been issues with security breaches and credit card theft – read the excellent summary on this from Fanserviced-B
- Germans can buy some of the Missha Cho Gong Jin Line from Parfümerie Pieper* or from the Missha Germany shop
- Bombee Ginseng Red Honey Oil Masks – buy at Yesstyle* (currently you can only get a 10 pack though, sorry!)
- Sulwhasoo products are currently 10% off with coupon code “sulwhasoo10” at Beautytap*
- Illi makes some great sheet masks with Ginseng extract – try the Illi Camellia Oil Nourishing Mask, available at Yesstyle*, or how about the Illi Real Cotton Pumpkin Mask?* Sounds awesome in my book!
- The History of Whoo products are also available at Beautytap* – pricey, but gorgeous packaging!
- Roserose sells some The History of Whoo Samples
- I’m from Ginseng Mask* and Ginseng Serum* – both links lead to the Wishtrend shop
Sexy K-Beauty Ingredients – No. 5: Goat and Donkey Milk
- Article on the benefits of donkey milk for the skin (it is hard to find a non-biased article on this, sadly, but this one seems alright)
- Try the Freeset Donkey Milk Sheet Masks – they are on special at Roserose at the moment, only 8k Won for a 10 pack – I forgot to mention them on the podcast, many people with dry skin swear by these!
- The Saem Royal Natural Donkey Milk Moist Drop Cream – buy at Yesstyle*
- Elizavecca Silky Creamy Donkey Steam Moisture Cream – buy at Yesstyle*
- Hope Girl Ultra Moist Donkey Milk Cream – buy at Yesstyle*
- I cannot find an article on goat’s milk that doesn’t also try to sell you handmade soap, but this one at least lists the benefits quite nicely
- Xaivita Goat Milk Wrinkle Toner – buy at Roserose
- Xaivita Goat Milk Wrinkle Emulsion – buy at Roserose
- Xaivita Goat Milk Wrinkle Essence – buy at Amazon US*
- TonyMoly Naturalth skincare line with goat’s milk – buy at Yesstyle*
The weekly craves, faves and misbehaves
- Crave of the week: I.HOLLIDA skincare with fermented red ginseng! Sadly, it seems impossible to find a reputable website who sells these products – maybe the company went bust? Ah, such a shame!
- Fave of the Week: Dewins Snail Mask Pack sheet masks – I cannot find a seller of these that ships internationally, but here is the Thai website for those of you who can read Thai
- Misbehave of the week: Leegeehaam Tea Tree Pure Cleansing Water – if, for some reason, you wish to purchase this, you can find it at Glowrecipe
- You should much rather buy the amazing Leegeehaam Tea Tree Essence though! – read my German review of the LJH Tea Tree products, buy the Essence at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
So those are all the links and notes for episode five of The K-Beauty Podcast: “Beyond Snail: 5 Sexy K-Beauty Ingredients.” Make sure to subscribe on ITunes to never miss an episode! As always, I look forward to hearing your thoughts regarding this episode: which K-beauty skincare ingredients would you rate as sexiest/most intriguing?
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!