This post contains affiliate links* Gosh, it’s hot in Europe right now! Summer is here, and it’s here to stay – time to share my Korean sunscreen recommendations for summer 2022 in today’s The K-Beauty Podcast episode!
Guys, I am so excited to be back to recording new podcast episodes for The K-Beauty Podcast! Ever since I started my YouTube channel, I’ve been feeling nostalgic for my podcast. Even though it’s still weirdly so much more work than editing videos, I miss the intimacy that podcasting creates, the feeling of “safety” behind the mic. And I miss rambling about K-beauty in a less structured way than when it comes to blog posts and videos. So, I made a little recording plan for the rest of the year, with the strong ambition to make this podcast a more regular affair again.
Since we are about to go through a massive heat wave here in Germany, I instantly felt drawn to talking about “summery” skincare topics for the new K-Beauty Podcast episode. Korean sunscreens have been getting a bad rep thanks to the whole 2020 Korean sunscreen scandal, but I still steadfastly love them. And, there are so many amazing Korean sunscreens coming out right now!
So, I thought it would be helpful to share my current Korean sunscreen favourites with you for this episode, plus add a few sunscreens from Korea that I know are very popular and come very highly recommended by my skinfluencer friends.
Here is episode TWENTY-NINE of The K-Beauty Podcast: My 2021 K-Beauty Favourites
Episode Notes: My Korean Sunscreen Recommendations 2022
Sunscreens I’ve tried and loved:
- Beauty of Joseon Relief Sun : Rice + Probiotic Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++ — read my full blog review, buy this suncreen at Stylevana*, at Yesstyle* or at Jolse*
- Make p:rem UV Defense Me. Daily Sun Essence SPF50+ PA++++ — buy this at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*
- Round Lab Birch Juice Moisturizing Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++ — read my full blog review, buy this Korean sunscreen bestseller at Stylevana* or at Jolse*
- Make p:rem UV Defense Me. Calming Tone Up Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++ — buy this at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*
- D’Alba Waterful UV Essence Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++ — watch my video review of this sunscreen, buy this at Stylevana* or at the D’Alba Global store (US and Canada only) with code “dalba_ULRIKE20” to receive 20% off
Korean sunscreen recommended by other skinfluencers:
- Dr. G Green Mild Up Sun+ SPF50+ PA++++ — buy this sunscreen at Stylevana*, at Yesstyle* or at Olive Young Global (use code “SUGARPEACH10” for an extra 10% discount!
- Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel SPF50+ PA++++ — buy this sunscreen at Stylevana*, at Yesstyle* or at Jolse*
Sunscreens that are super popular in Korea:
- Scinic Enjoy Super Mild Sun Essence SPF50+ PA++++ — buy this at Stylevana*, at Yesstyle*, at Olive Young (this is a special 1 + 1 set for an amazing price! Don’t forget to use code “SUGARPEACH10”)
- Abib Quick Sunstick Protection Bar SPF50+ PA++++ (I messed up the name in the recording because I hadn’t realised there are two sticks, but this is the one I meant!) — this is sadly sold out everywhere, but I’m going to leave some purchase links here for when it’s available again: you can find the sunstick at Stylevana*, at Jolse* or at Olive Young
- Etude Soon Jung X Director Pi’s Moisture Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++ — buy this Korean sunscreen at Stylevana* or at Jolse*
I am so excited to be back in the recording booth (and by recording booth I mean “my wobbly desk in one corner of my tiny studio apartment”) and hope I could help you choose your new summer 2022 K-beauty sunscreen! Remember to subscribe on ITunes for the next podcast episodes, or listen and subscribe to The K-Beauty Podcast on Stitcher and Spotify! And please kindly follow me on Instagram and visit the ever-growing English article section of this blog. Plus, guess what: You can subscribe to my new YouTube channel now too!
If you’d like to support my work as a freelance content creator, I’d be grateful if you could use the affiliate links on this blog when making your beauty purchases, or you can also donate to my ko-fi page or directly to my Paypal! Furthermore, rating and reviewing my podcast helps tremendously, as does actively sharing my content!
Let me know in the comments: Do you have a favourite Korean sunscreen for summer 2022?
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!