Note: This post contains affiliate links* We’re steering towards the end of 2019 and thus also in the direction of 2020! Time to look at what we can expect from the new year in terms of Korean skincare trends in my K-beauty trend forecast for 2020, on an all new episode of The K-Beauty Podcast!
Welcome to the last The K-Beauty Podcast episode of the decade – and, how could I not make it all about looking ahead and chatting about one of my favourite topics: trends in K-beauty! You all know by now that I’m a bit of a beauty trend sleuth, and judging from the download statistics, this is your number one favourite topic as well.
In the past weeks, I have been paying extra close attention to Korean brands that are known to be trendsetters, as well as especially Korea-based influencers to get a sense of what’s trending right now and what will be the biggest trends in Asian beauty for 2020. For my K-beauty trend forecast for the new year, I have selected 5 K-beauty skincare trends that I currently see emerging and that I believe will be huge in 2020 in the Korean and the wider Asian beauty industry!
Here is episode TWENTY-FOUR of The K-Beauty Podcast: My K-Beauty Trend Forecast for 2020
Episode Notes: My K-Beauty Trend Forecast for 2020
- If you are interested in the latest beauty trends from Korea, make sure to check out Eunice’s channel
- Soo Beauty is the other Youtube channel I mentioned – she is an Isntree fan like me!
1. K-Beauty Trend for 2020: Carrot Seed Oil
- Some background information on carrot seed oil in this Healthline article
- This article is probably a tad biased since it’s from a shop selling aromatherapy products, but it still gives a good overview of the (supposed) benefits of carrot seed oil
Carrot Seed Oil Products Mentioned:
- Bellamonster Stress Out Solution Pad – buy at Yesstyle*
- Bellamonster Stress Out Solution Serum – buy at Yesstyle*
- Bellamonster Stress Out Solution Foam – buy at Yesstyle*
- Bellamonster Stress Out Solution Water Essence – buy at Yesstyle*
- Bellamonster Stress Out Solution Cream – buy at Yesstyle*
- A’PIEU Carrot U – buy at Yesstyle*
- NATUREKIND Carrot Seed Oil – buy at Yesstyle*
- One more carrot-themed product I forgot to mention in my K-beauty trend forecast: Bring Green Carrot Vita Toner Pad* (Amazon link)
2. K-Beauty Trend 2020: Tamanu Oil
- This very informative article (again, from an shop blog though…) tells you all about the history and uses of tamanu oil
- And some more information on the properties of tamanu oil in very informative article
Tamanu Oil Products Mentioned:
- Lanbelle Lanbio Oil – this is hard to find online, but you may be able to buy it via their official website
- Lan’s Tamanu Cream – same here, hard to find online but potentially available on the official website
- URANG S.O.S. Multi Balm with Tamanu – buy at Ohlolly* or Europeans can buy at Flaconi*
- Krave Beauty Great Barrier Relief Serum – buy from the Krave Beauty website (Korea- or US-based peeps only) or from Testerkorea
- Sioris You Look So Young Night Cream – buy at Yesstyle*
- make p:rem x Credithink Tamanu Calming Serum – buy at Amazon US* (this is Credithink’s official Amazon shop) or directly at Credithink*
3. K-Beauty Trend 2020: Freeze-Dried Hyaluronic Acid Capsule Treatments
- It’s sponsored, but you can still get some info on the (supposed) benefits of freeze-drying hyaluronic acid from this video by K-beauty blogger Beautycloud UNA
- If you can read Korean, you can also check out the official Hugel website (the company behind WELLAGE)
Freeze-Dried Hyaluronic Acid Products Mentioned:
- WELLAGE Real Hyaluronic Bio Capsule & Blue Solution One Day Kit – buy at Yesstyle* or (currently on sale!) at Stylekorean* (you can also get the 10 pack at Stylekorean*)
- WELLAGE Cica Clear One Day Kit – buy at Stylekorean* (or get the 10 pack at Stylekorean*)
- WELLAGE Gold Collagen One Day Kit – buy at Yesstyle* (or get the 10 pack at Yesstyle*)
- WELLAGE Real Vital Bio Capsule & White Solution – this may be available on Amazon*, check for reputable sellers!
- I cannot find the Bellamonster D-Day Solution Kits anywhere, sorry! I swear they were real – maybe they were just a one-off and aren’t available anymore? Even the official Bellamonster website doesn’t list them, it’s very odd indeed
- Dermatory Pro Collagen Shot Firming Ampoule Special Set – so far, this is only in Korea
4. K-Beauty Trend 2020: Probiotic skincare
- A short intro to probiotic skincare from Vogue
- A bit more in-depth information comes from Paula’s Choice
Probiotic Skincare Products Mentioned:
- Manyo Factory Bifida Complex Ampoule – buy at Amazon*
- Manyo Factory Bifida Complex Ampoule Mist – buy at Amazon*
- Manyo Factory Bifida Ampoule Wrap Mask – this is available at Koreadepart
- Innisfree Derma Formula Green Tea Probiotics Cream – buy at Yesstyle*
- ILLIYOON Probiotics Skin Barrier Essence Drop – buy at Amazon*
- I can’t as of yet find any SOON+ products sold outside of Korea (and the brand name is a nightmare to google!), but if you live in Korea you can check out the SOON+ online mall
5. K-Beauty Trend 2020: Cream Mists and Toners
- Check out the Liah Yoo video that started the hype
Cream Mists and Toners Mentioned:
- Laneige Cream Skin Refiner – buy at Stylekorean*, or get a smaller trial size (50ml) at Yesstyle*
- Laneige Cream Skin Refiner Mist – buy at Yesstyle* or at Stylekorean*
- AESTURA Atobarrier 365 Cream Mist – almost impossible to get outside of Korea at this point, but you may have luck at Roserose
- Botanic Heal Derma Intensive Panthenol Cream Mist – this is available at Olive & Young Global for select countries, but I can’t place a link because they have geoblocked people from Germany, sorry!
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream Mist – buy at Yesstyle*
- The Saem Derma Plan Cream Soothing Mist – buy at Amazon*
- Carenology Re:BLUE Balancing Cream-In-Mist – buy at Amazon*
- Hanskin Avocado Cream Skin – buy at Testerkorea
- Carezone Derma Milk-Hyaluronic Cream Skin – I couldn’t find any purchase links so far, sorry!
The Monthly Craves, Faves and Misbehaves
- Crave of the month: Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Sleepair Ampoule-In Mask – you can buy this at Stylekorean* or at Yesstyle*
- Fave of the month: By Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule – buy at Yesstyle* or at Skinsider if you are UK based
- Misbehave of the month: WELLAGE Hyaluronic Acid Capsule Kits – see above for purchase links!
So this is it – the last episode of The K-Beauty Podcast in this decade! Sorry that I became a bit rambling towards the end, I was really tired and also a tad emotional thinking about the year ending, and how much I valued all of your support throughout the past months. I hope you enjoyed my K-beauty trend forecast for 2020 and discovered some new trends and Korean beauty products to chase up.
The biggest end-of-year “thank you!” goes out to my wonderful supporters of The K-Beauty Podcast, as well as all my other creative work. Thank you to those of you who share and review the podcast, those of you who are using the affiliate links on this blog when making your beauty purchases, and of course those of you who donate to my ko-fi page or my Paypal!
Did you see my latest English K-beauty review on the blog, by the way? I reviewed the cult favourite ROUNDLAB Dokdo 1025 Toner and explained why it’s so massively popular (and what the strange name actually means)! Don’t forget to subscribe on ITunes for new podcast episodes, or subscribe on Stitcher or Spotify! Connect with me on Instagram for more English beauty content, and definitely visit the ever-growing English section of this blog.
Let me know in the comments: What do you think about these trends? Yay or nay?
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!