Note: This post contains affiliate links* As is tradition at the beginning of a new year in K-beauty, we are looking back today at what the previous year brought in terms of awesome skincare. So, this podcast episode is all about my Korean beauty favourites of 2019!
Welcome to the first podcast episode of 2020! It has been a bit of a wobbly start to the year, if you ask me, and I think many of us are feeling a bit on edge about this new decade starting. But let us – for now – just focus on something we can all feel happy about: the Korean beauty favourites 2019. The past year had some real highlights when it comes to Asian beauty, not so much in regards to makeup (at least for me), but definitely in the real of skincare. I stayed loyal to many of my previous favourites, but of course I also tried out many new products, many of them kindly sent to me by brands and shops.
It is a true privilege to be allowed to sample new and exciting beauty products, and I love sharing my thoughts about them with you. Even though there are many products I try and love, not many of them end up as yearly favourites – only the ones that I consistently used for a prolonged period of time will end up on that list. Just like last year, I organised my Korean beauty favourites 2019 list according to product categories, adding links and previous product reviews from the blog whenever possible.
Here is episode TWENTY-FIVE of The K-Beauty Podcast: My Korean Beauty Favourites 2019
Episode Notes: My Korean Beauty Favourites 2019
- Banila co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original – buy at Yesstyle* or buy at Stylekorean*
- Shu Uemura Porefinist Sakura Refreshing Cleansing Oil – buy at Yesstyle* (150ml bottle)
- The Pure Lotus Jeju Botanical pH Balancing Cleanser – read my German review of the brand, buy at Yesstyle*
- Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser – buy at Yesstyle*
2. Wash Off Masks
- SanDaWha Camellia Flower Antioxidant Cream Mask – buy at Beautytap*, Germans can also buy this at Ecco Verde
- URANG Clarifying Blue Mask – read my English review, buy at Ohlolly* or at Stylekorean*
- The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% – buy at Deciem online, Germans can also buy this at Douglas*
- Bioderma Sébium Night Peel – I’m not sure where and if this is available in the US, so check the international Bioderma website for potential purchase options: Germans can buy this e.g. on Amazon DE*
- Isntree Green Tea Fresh Toner – read my English review, buy at Yesstyle* or on Amazon*
- Rootree Cryptherapy Revital Toner – check out my English review, buy at Beautytap* (US only) or at Amazon*
- Cosrx Propolis Synergy Toner – buy this on Amazon* or at Stylekorean*
- IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning – I got this at kmall24 during a sale, but you can also find the essence at e.g. Amazon*
- URANG True Rose Repair Essence – read my English review, buy at Ohlolly* or at Stylekorean*
- Vichy Minéral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Serum – check out my German review, US peeps can buy this on Amazon* and Germans on Amazon DE*
- Bioderma Hydrabio Serum – US peeps can get this on Amazon*, Germans on Amazon DE*
- Wonjin Effect Vita Moist Ampoule – read my English review, buy at Beautytap* or Germans can also buy on Amazon DE*
- By Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule – buy at Yesstyle* or on Amazon*
8. Sheet Masks
- Aqulabo Oh! Very Bright Sheet Mask – check out my article about the brand Aqulabo, you can buy these either at Bemused Korea or at Roserose shop
- Aroma Yong Mandarin Aromatherapy Facial Mask – I’m not quite sure where to get these outside of Korea, but you can check their international website for potential purchase options
9. Eye Creams
- Whamisa Organic Flowers Eye Essence – I wrote an article about Whamisa for Beautytap! You can buy the eye essence on Amazon* or EU peeps can also get this at Ecco Verde
- A By BOM Ultra Time Return Eye Essence – read my English review, buy at Bemused Korea
- Vichy Minéral 89 Yeux Eye Serum – buy on Amazon* or Germans can buy this via Amazon DE*
10. Moisturisers: Creams, Lotions, Emulsions
- URANG Rose Ceramide Repair Cream – buy at Ohlolly* or EU peeps at Ecco Verde
- It Cosmetics Confidence In a Cream – buy at Cult Beauty*, Germans can also buy this at Douglas*
- Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway SPF50+ PA++++ – read my English review, buy at Althea global*
- Klairs Soft Airy UV Essence SPF50+ PA++++ – read my full review (English), buy at Yesstyle*
12. Sleeping Creams
- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask – read my English review of this cult classic, buy at Wishtrend* or if you are in the UK, at Beauty and Seoul
- Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream – buy at Yesstyle*
- Vicco Turmeric Cream – this is available on Amazon*, though I can’t vouch for the sellers
13. Face Mists
- Sioris Time Is Running Out Mist – buy at Yesstyle* or at Stylekorean*
- Ausome Rehydrating Double Mist – buy at Credithink*
14. Other Honourable Mentions
- Bellamonster Stress Out Solution Pad – read my English review, buy at Yesstyle*
- Blanc Doux the lab Oligo Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Ampoule – buy at Yesstyle*
And that is it for 2019 and its Korean beauty highlights! As always, I hope you enjoyed the episode and that you are looking forward to what the new year will bring for The K-Beauty Podcast. Remember to subscribe on ITunes for new podcast episodes, or subscribe on Stitcher or Spotify! Stay up to date about K-beauty news and trends by following me on Instagram and visit the ever-growing English article section of this blog.
Thank you to those of you who share and review the podcast on social media and on the podcast platforms, those of you who are using the affiliate links on this blog when making your beauty purchases to support my work as a freelance content creator, and of course those of you who donate to my ko-fi page or directly to my Paypal!
Did you see my latest English K-beauty review on the blog? I’m taking a closer look at the Bellamonster Stress Out Solution Pad and the current carrot seed oil trend in Korea!
Let me know in the comments: What were your Korean beauty favourites 2019?
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!