Note: This post contains affiliate links* It’s a new year, and thus, also a new opportunity to try out a whole bunch of new beauty products! So, for today’s episode of The K-Beauty Podcast, I’m telling you all about my Korean skincare wish list for 2019!
So, apparently the Asian Beauty subreddit has found my podcast, which means that my downloads and subscriptions on all platforms went up by something like 500% – insanity (but the good kind!). Guys, thank you so much for supporting this passion project of mine, it means the world to me! The intense burst of interest also means that I feel more motivated than ever to continue with The K-Beauty Podcast project. So today we are moving from discussing the past year to the present one – all the skincare gems that are on my Korean skincare wish list for 2019.
Now, I can’t really say that I feel hyper confident about actually being able to afford all of the products on my Korean beauty skincare wish list for 2019, but hey – a girl can dream, am I right? And, really, this is mostly about having fun fantasising what the new year will bring to my skincare shelf and talking about Asian beauty products that are currently on my radar as potential new superstars!
By the way: I’ve added the time stamps of where in the podcast I mentioned the products or brands in this list, after a very kind listener suggested I add them to make it easier for you to find what you are looking for.
Here is episode NINETEEN of The K-Beauty Podcast: My Korean Skincare Wish List for 2019
Episode Notes: My Korean Skincare Wish List for 2019
Thoughts on “Review Events” (3:01 – 15:34)
Since I rambled on about it for quite some time, here is an interesting article on how brands exploit bloggers’ aspirations the same way companies use unpaid internships for free labour. I want to caution you once more, in writing this time, to be very careful about those “free products for a review” events – always read the fine print! You may be asked to give away the rights to your personal work, and for the brand to use and reproduce your images and writing any which way they like.
Be mindful of the work you put into your reviews and what you actually get out of that work – ask yourself: “Is it worth it for me, personally? Am I ok with my content being used to sell products and make a profit, without being paid for my work?” Sometimes the answer can be “yes”, but it may also be “no”, if the price for the “free” product is simply too high. Trust your instincts when something doesn’t feel right, or when you feel that you are being pressured to give a positive opinion or to review the product way earlier than you would like to.
Brands on my Korean Skincare Wish List for 2019
1. WONJIN Effect (16:34)
- WONJIN Effect Water Bomb Cream – buy at Beautytap*
- WONJIN Effect Vita Moist Ampoule – buy at Beautytap*
- WONJIN Effect Water Bomb Mask – buy at Beautytap*
2. Rootree (21:18)
- So Beautytap is listing the brand now,* but still no actual products – watch this space I guess?
- You can check out this Beautytap article about the brand
- Or visit the Rootree website
- You can also find some Rootree products on Amazon (US), such as the Cryptherapy Recovery Essence* or the Rootree Nutmeg Tree Facial Masks*
3. Beaudiani (25:21)
- You can find out more about the brand on their Korean website
- Some products are available on Beauty Box Korea
4. GEORGANIC (26:50)
- Some Georganic products are available at Korea Smooch
- Find out more about the brand at the Korean GEORGANIC website
5. Eco Your Skin (28:50)
- Eco Your Skin products area available at Peach & Lily
- You can also check out the Korean Eco Your Skin website
6. Oxygen Ceuticals (30:19)
- Check out the English Oxygen Ceuticals Website
- Especially interesting: the Oxygen Ceuticals Couperous Cream
7. Atoclassic (32:40)
- Atoclassic Real Tonic Soothing Origin Essence – read my review, buy at Amazon US* (currently cheapest price), or at Bemused Korea
- Atoclassic Real Tonic Soothing First Toner – buy at Bemused Korea
- Atoclassic Real Tonic Calming Smart Lotion – buy at Amazon US* or at Bemused Korea
Products on my Korean Wish List for 2019
- I’m from Rice Toner (36:10) – buy at Wishtrend* or at Yesstyle* (currently the cheapest price)
- I’m from Mugwort Essence (38:04) – buy at Wishtrend* or at Yesstyle* (much better price!)
- By Wishtrend Acid Duo 2% Mild Gel Cleanser (38:52) – buy at Wishtrend* or at Yesstyle*
- By Wishtrend Polyphenol in Propolis 15% Ampoule (40:08) – buy at Wishtrend* or at Yesstyle*
- Challands de Paris sheet masks (41:33) – some of these masks are available on Amazon US: buy the Lunar* or Albarosa* masks
- Scinic First Treatment Essence (44:31) – buy at Yesstyle*
- Blanc Doux Oligo Hyaluronic Acid Calming+ Cream (46:19) – buy at Yesstyle*
- Ärztin Rejuvenation Pflege Gel (48:43) – read my blog article about Ärztin skincare, buy this at kmall24
- “Blue Oils” (52:15) – buy the Bonair Blue Smoother Face Oil at Bemused Korea, buy the Urang Brightening Blue Oil Serum at Ohlolly* or if you live in Europe, at Love My Cosmetic
- “Skincare Pads” (56:35) – listen to the podcast episode about 5 K-beauty trends
- Petitfee Azulene Ultra Soothing Pads (57:28) – buy at Yesstyle*
- Unbound Lab Hibiscus Smoother Pad (58:11) – buy at Amazon US*
- Sioris Time Is Running Out Mist (59:00) – buy at Ohlolly*
- “Taiwanese Beauty” (1:01:40) – shop for Taiwanese masks at Beautius, or try some of the brands available at Yesstyle, such as Lovemore*, derma brand Dr. Morita,* or Annie’s Way*
- Dr. Wu Intensive Renewal Serum with Mandelic Acid 18% (1:02:38) – buy at Amazon US* or Amazon DE*
As always, thank you for tuning in and checking out the episode notes for my K-beauty wish list for 2019, and for using the affiliate links provided here to further support my work! Don’t forget to subscribe on ITunes so that you always receive the latest podcast episode when it’s out, or, alternatively, subscribe on Stitcher. If you like, you can donate a small amount to my ko-fi page – this helps me to continue making this podcast (and, like, pay my rent and stuff…), so thank you for your support!
Let me know in the comments: What brands and products are on your K-beauty wish list for 2019?
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!