Table of Contents
This post contains affiliate links* It’s time for part two of my recording sessions after the long hiatus! I can’t wait to have this long overdue K-beauty catch up with you, chatting about new K-beauty releases I’m coveting and all the skincare that’s been my best friend these past months!
I don’t know about you guys, but I am feeling stressed out to the max these days! Even though I finally got my second vaccine shot (Pfizer – which, in all truth, makes me feel oddly smug?!), the state of the world in regards to the pandemic still makes me terribly anxious about what’s to come in autumn/winter. So, I kind of need a chill K-Beauty Podcast episode after the slightly exasperating previous episode regarding the Korean sunscreen scandal. I really just want to hang out with you guys and discuss all the Korean beauty products that I’ve been loving lately, and those currently on my wish list.
I decided on a spontaneous, non-scripted, flowy kind of K-beauty catch up for today, which hopefully will lead to both me and you getting at least a momentary break from all the upheavals of the world. Did you know that there is a general election here in Germany in about a month? I am stressed, you guys – STRESSED, I tell you!
Ok, back to today’s episode: I actually started compiling my list of K-beauty products I wanted to talk about today a few months ago, and so by now some of the goodies on my wish list had already moved in with me and are now happily sitting on my vanity. So, I had to adjust said list of bit, but luckily I always have more than enough wish list backups, especially lately, with so many cool brands emerging and their products really appealing to me. We are also nearing the autumn/winter season, so I expect a whole bunch of new, probably richer-textured launches real soon.
Here is episode TWENTY-SEVEN of The K-Beauty Podcast: Let’s Have a Chill K-Beauty Catch Up
Episode Notes: Let’s Have a Chill K-Beauty Catch-Up
Some updates on the Korean sunscreen scandal
- If you haven’t yet, make sure to listen to my podcast episode which sums up the entire Korean sunscreen controversy with a detailed timeline and all the resources used for the episode listed
- Watch Director Pi’s latest video (you can turn on English subtitles!)
- In case you are curious, here is the English translation of the Korean Cosmetics Act – the three brands in question broke Article 13 of the Cosmetics Act and were penalised accordingly with a 2 months sales and marketing ban (though I remain unsure in how far this affected overseas sales)
Vloggers I mentioned in this episode
- Make sure to subscribe to Odile Monod!
- Check out Soo Beauty’s channel!
- If you want to know what’s new and trending at Olive Young and other Korean beauty stores, subscribing to Eunice’s YouTube channel is a must!
Skincare currently on my vanity/what K-beauty products I’ve been loving
- Rovectin Skin Essentials Conditioning Cleanser – read my English review article of the Rovectin brand, buy at Yesstyle*, at Amazon*, or at Wishtrend*
- Rovectin Clean LHA Blemish Ampoule – again, check out my Rovectin review, you can buy this ampoule at Yesstyle,* or at Wishtrend*; there is also a 50ml jumbo size of this ampoule*
- I’m from Mugwort Sheet Mask – you can get them at Yesstyle* or at Wishtrend*
- Klairs Fundamental Nourishing Eye Butter – buy this eye cream at Yesstyle* or at Wishtrend*
- By Wishtrend Hydra Enriched Ampoule – review coming soon, stay tuned! Buy this hydrating ampoule at Yesstyle* or at Wishtrend*
- Aromatica Reviving Rose Infusion Treatment Toner – read my review of this moisturising toner, you can buy this at Stylevana* for currently the best price I could find, but it is also available at Yesstyle* or at Skinsider UK* for European customers.
- Dr. Ceuracle Vegan Kombucha Essence – read my review of this cream skin essence, you can purchase this at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*, or if you live in the US then Ohlolly* is also a great K-beauty shop option!
- Beauty of Joseon Ginseng Essence Water – read my review of this essence, buy this at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*, if you are in Europe you can also purchase this from Skinsider UK*
- Heimish Moisture Surge Gel Cream – read my review of this gel cream, you can purchase this at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*, and if you are UK or EU-based, it is also available at Skinsider UK*
- Dr. Althea Resveratrol 345NA Intensive Repair Cream – read my review of this moisturiser and their Azulene Cream, you can purchase this at Yesstyle*, or UK-based peeps can also find the cream at Kosame Beauty* – make sure to use my coupon code “sugarpeachesloves” for a (I think!) 10% discount.
- Missha Time Revolution Red Algae Treatment Essence – read my full blog review of this essence, there seem to be problems with availability lately, but check back with Yesstyle* and/or Amazon* to see when it’s back in stock! In Germany/the DACH countries, you can order via Kbeautyhouse*, the official EU distributor for Missha products.
- Sioris My First Essener – read my blog review of this essence-toner hybrid, you can purchase this at Stylevana*, or at Ohlolly* if you are US-based, while EU-based shoppers might prefer using Skinsider UK* or for German orders you can also go with MIIN Cosmetics*
K-beauty products currently on my wish list
- Barr Cosmetics Centella Calming Ampoule Toner – you can purchase this toner at Yesstyle* or at Stylekorean* (beware the high delivery costs if you live in the EU!), and for people in the EU/Germany, MIIN Cosmetics* is also a good shopping address
- Be Plain Greenful PH-Balanced Cleansing Foam – also read my review of the excellent Be Plain Cicaful Ampoule, buy at Stylevana*, at Amazon* (it’s the brand’s official Amazon shop), or at Olive Young Global*
- Be Plain Chamomile PH-Balanced Toner – buy this toner at Stylevana* (for currently a very good price!), at Amazon*, or at Olive Young Global*
- Centellian24 Madeca Startoc Serum – buy this serum at Olive Young Global* or at Stylekorean*
- Dr. G Red Blemish Clear Soothing Cream – buy this moisturiser at Stylevana*, at Yesstyle* or at Stylekorean* – Germans can also find this at Amazon DE*
- Round Lab Birch Juice Moisturizing Sun Cream – buy this sunscreen at Stylevana*, at Olive Young Global,* at Jolse* or at Stylekorean*
- ABIB Heartleaf Spot Pad Calming Touch – you can find these toner pads at Stylevana*, at Olive Young Global*, at Yesstyle*, or at Amazon*
- Dr. Different Vitalift-A Eye & Neck Cream – this retinal cream is available at Olive Young Global*
- Needly Mild Cleansing Gel – buy this foaming cleanser at Yesstyle*, at Stylevana* or at Olive Young Global*
- Jumiso Waterfull Hyaluronic Cream – buy this gel cream at Stylevana*, at Yesstyle*, or at Stylekorean*
- Numbuz:n Nr. 3 Bodle Bodle Repair Serum – buy this hydrating serum at Yesstyle*
I hope you had fun listening to this long overdue K-beauty catch up and discovered some new products! Remember to subscribe on ITunes for new podcast episodes, or you can also listen and subscribe on Stitcher or Spotify! Stay up to date about K-beauty news and trends by following me on Instagram and visit the ever-growing English article section of this blog.
Thank you to those of you who are ordering via the affiliate links on this blog when making your beauty purchases to support my work as a freelance content creator, and of course those of you who donate to my ko-fi page or directly to my Paypal! Rating and reviewing my podcast helps tremendously, as does clicking on any of the ads shown on this page (sorry, I know they can be a nuisance!).
Let me know in the comments: Which K-beauty products have been wowing you lately? What other topics would you like to see featured on this podcast?
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!