Table of Contents
This post contains affiliate links* Goodbye 2021 and hello 2022! Time for a new The K-Beauty Podcast episode, where I chat about my most beloved Korean beauty products of the past year – my 2021 K-beauty favourites!
I don’t know about you but for me, 2021 was honestly a dumpster fire of a year, worse even than 2020. Because, personally, I felt even more isolated, more depressed regarding the state of the world, and – at least in my country – the way that people handled the pandemic and the responsibilities involved with keeping our most vulnerable people safe was…traumatising. To learn that so many people do not care about anyone else, as long as they have the “freedom” to not wear masks has made me feel very unsafe and terrified about the future. Because, given all the catastrophes that will await us in the next decades thanks to climate change, we will have to get used to more crises that will make vulnerable people even more vulnerable.
This is difficult for me to come to terms with, the indifference so many people have when it comes to the suffering of others, when I myself cannot bear the thought of all those old people who died all alone in hospitals and care homes because their loved ones couldn’t visit them. It breaks my heart, all of it. And it’s hard for me to grasp how someone’s heart cannot break over this, how they can spit on the graves of the victims of this pandemic and refuse to do the damn bare minimum of wearing a mask, keeping a distance and get the goddamn vaccine.
Ah, but let’s circle back to the actual topic of today’s podcast, shall we? Because, it wasn’t all just doom and gloom in 2021, thanks to a number of awesome K-beauty products I tried and had the honour of writing about here on this very blog. Despite the fact that the 2020 K-beauty sunscreen debacle made so many people suspicious of the safety of Korean sunscreens, I never lost faith in the Korean beauty industry. And, well, I feel that my trust was thoroughly rewarded during the last year, with so many great new sunscreens coming out that easily surpassed the supposed unicorn perfection of the Purito sunscreen.
But apart from some great sunscreens and all sorts of fantastic moisturisers, I would say that 2021 truly was the year of toners and essences! I tried so many remarkable products from that skincare category, and especially cream toners were a big hit for me. For 2022 I predict serums and ampoules to have their big moment, since I have been trying so many good ones these past weeks. I actually did a 2022 K-beauty trend prediction just a few days ago, so do make sure to check out that article if you’re curious about what’s to come next in makeup and skincare.
Here is episode TWENTY-EIGHT of The K-Beauty Podcast: My 2021 K-Beauty Favourites
Episode Notes: My 2021 K-Beauty Favourites
First and Second Step Cleansers
- Thank You Farmer Pollufree Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm – buy at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*, in the EU you can also purchase this at Little Wonderland
- Juice to Cleanse Water Wash Balm – buy at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*, people in the EU can also find this at MIIN Cosmetics*
- Thank You Farmer Rice Pure Clay Mask to Foam Cleanser – buy at Stylevana* or if you are in Europe you can also find the cleanser at Beauty Bay*
- Barr Cosmetics Centella Calming Gel Cleanser – buy at Yesstyle* or if you are in the EU at MIIN Cosmetics*
- Juice to Cleanse Powder Wash – buy at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*, and at MIIN Cosmetics* from within the EU
Toners and Essences
- Dr. Ceuracle Vegan Kombucha Tea Essence – read my review of this cream skin toner, buy the toner at Stylevana*, or if you are in the UK/EU you can also find it at Kosame Beauty* (use code “sugarpeachesloves” for an extra 10% off), and for the US Ohlolly* is also a great K-beauty address!
- Vegreen Alcohol-Free Nature Mucin Toner – buy at Stylevana*, or if you are in the EU you can also find this toner at Kbeautyhouse* or Coos Cosmetics
- Sioris My First Essener – read my review of this essence-toner hybrid, buy at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*, and in the EU you can purchase this toner at MIIN Cosmetics* or at Skinsider*
Serums and Ampoules
So I TOTALLY skipped the serums and ampoules in the podcast, can you believe it?! I did have these three on my list, so I’m going to add them here and maybe just say a few things about them in the next episode! Sorry!!!
- CELIMAX The Real Noni Energy Ampoule – read my review of this nourishing ampoule, buy this at Olive Young Global* or at Yesstyle*, and if you are in Europe you can also find this at Skinsider*
- Make p:rem Safe Me. Watery Ampoule – buy the ampoule at Stylevana* or at Amazon*
- Thank You Farmer Relieful Cica Ampoule – buy at Stylevana* or at Amazon*
- D’Alba White Truffle First Spray Serum – buy the 100ml bottle at Stylevana* or at Olive Young*, or you can also get a smaller 50ml bottle* or a humongous 180ml bottle*
- Dr. Althea Resveratrol 345NA Intensive Repair Cream – read my review of this cream and the Azulene moisturiser from the same brand, buy at Yesstyle* or if you are in the EU you can purchase the cream either at MIIN Cosmetics* or at Kosame Beauty*
- Vegreen 730 Daily Moisture Cream – read my review of this lovely cream, buy at Stylevana* or at Amazon*, and within the EU you can also purchase this at Kbeautyhouse*
- Heimish Moisture Surge Gel Cream – read my review of this gel cream, buy at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*
Eye Care Products
- Ondo Beauty 36.5 Niacinamide & Green Tea Eye Serum – for now you can only buy this within the EU/Europe, sorry! In Europe, you can purchase the eye serum at MIIN Cosmetics*
- Dr. Althea To Be Eyeconic Eye Serum – buy this at Amazon* or if you are in Europe you can purchase the serum at MIIN Cosmetics*
- Klairs Fundamental Nourishing Eye Butter – buy this at Yesstyle* or within the EU you can find the eye butter at Skinsider* or at MIIN Cosmetics*
- Make p:rem UV Defense Me. Daily Sun Essence SPF50+ PA+++ – buy at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*
- Round Lab Birch Juice Moisturizing Sun Cream SPF50+ PA++++ – buy at Stylevana* or at Olive Young*
- Beauty of Joseon Relief Sun: Rice + Probiotic SPF50+ PA++++ – buy at Stylevana* or at Jolse*
- Isntree Clear Skin PHA Sleeping Mask – buy at Stylevana* or at Yesstyle*
- Laneige Cica Sleeping Mask – buy at Stylevana* or at Jolse*
- Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate and Glow Dream Mask – buy this mask directly at YTTP or at Cult Beauty*
- Mediheal Tea Tree Care Solution Mask – buy at Stylevana* or at Olive Young* (they usually have a value pack on sale for a really good price!)
- Dr. Althea Essential Skin Conditioner Silk Mask – buy at Yesstyle* or in Europe you can also purchase this at Kosame Beauty*
- ABIB Mild Acidic PH Sheet Mask – you can find both the Heartleaf* and Aqua Fit* versions at Olive Young or at Stylevana (again I personally would go with either the Heartleaf* or Aqua Fit* version)
Other 2021 K-Beauty Favourites
- Keenoniks Cleansing Pad Cabbage & Moringa – buy at Olive Young Global* or if you are in the EU at MIIN Cosmetics*
- Aromatica Organic Rosehip Oil – buy at Yesstyle* or from EU-based MIIN Cosmetics*
- Pyunkang Yul Calming Moisture Repair Balm – buy at Stylevana* (it’s on sale there!) or at Jolse*
- Peripera Ink Airy Velvet Tint No. 3 Cartoon Coral – buy at Stylevana* or at Jolse*
So there you have it: the final K-beauty wrap-up of the previous year with my 2021 K-beauty favourites – good riddance to that year and its many challenges! Don’t forget to subscribe on ITunes for new podcast episodes, or you can also listen and subscribe on Stitcher or Spotify! For any other K-beauty and indie beauty news and product reviews, follow me on Instagram and visit the ever-growing English article section of this blog.
If you want to support my work as a freelance content creator, consider using the affiliate links on this blog when making your beauty purchases, or you can also donate to my ko-fi page or directly to my Paypal! Furthermore, rating and reviewing my podcast helps tremendously.
Let me know in the comments: What were your personal 2021 K-beauty favourites?
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!