Episode TWO of The K-Beauty Podcast is all about K-Beauty skincare trends for 2018: from the oddness that is “glass skin” to groovy ingredients such as peptides, I am casting a tentative look into the future and predict what will be huge this year in terms of Korean beauty trends!
I am so excited to present episode 2 of The K-Beauty Podcast today! Episode 1 was nerve-wrecking because it was my very first time recording anything, let alone share it on the internet. Well, episode 2 of The K-Beauty Podcast feels even scarier in a way, since now I cannot claim complete amateur status anymore, just semi- to two-third parts of amateurishness.
Today’s podcast episode mainly revolves around predicting Asian skincare trends that I think will be big in 2018! I already wrote a blog article on this topic in English, but felt this would be an interesting topic to discuss further on the podcast. I also talk a little bit about the supposed “frivolity” of skincare in light of a recent article that had the skincare community reeling on social media this Wednesday…
Here is episode TWO of The K-Beauty Podcast:
The K-Beauty Podcast Episode Two Episode Notes:
- Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacological Review on Centella Asiatica: A Potential Herbal Cure-All
- Article on centella asiatica from Labmuffin
- Skin 1004 Madagascar Centella Asiatica Ampoule – buy at Amazon US*
- Cosrx Centella Blemish Ampoule – buy at Stylekorean*
- Cosrx Centella Blemish Cream – buy at Stylekorean*
- By Wishtrend TECA 1% Barrier Cream – buy at Wishtrend*
- LJH Tea Tree Essence – German review here, buy at Amazon Germany* or at Amazon US*
- Article: What is Cica?
- La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Healing Balm – buy at Amazon Germany,* buy at Amazon US*
- La Roche Posay Gel B5 – buy at Amazon Germany,* sorry, I couldn’t find a source to buy in the US
- Leegeehaam Cica Cream – buy at Amazon US*
- Innisfree Bija Cica Balm – buy at Stylekorean*
- Etude House Soon Jung 5-Panthensoside Cica Balm – buy at Stylekorean*
- Dr Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream – buy at Amazon Germany,* buy at Amazon US*
- Informative Beverly Hills MD article about peptides
- Article on peptides from Beautiful with Brains
- Paula’s Choice also has stuff to say about peptides
- Ärztin Regenerative Schild Ampoule – buy at kmall24, read about Ärztin here on the blog
- Ärztin Regenerative Creme – buy at kmall24
- Swanicoco FGF Ampoule R – read my English review, buy at Beautytap*
- Swanicoco Lifetime Saver Bio Cream – read my English review, buy at Beautytap*
- Short documentary feature on Dr. Wu as a family company
- Dr Wu English website, or you can buy lots of Dr. Wu goodies* at Amazon US, most of them even with Prime shipping!
- Taiwanese sheet masks at Beautius and Beautibi
- Bevy C. on Instagram; some products available at Yesstyle* and at Amazon US*
- Naruko English/US website, offers international shipping, Naruko products at Yesstyle*
- For Beloved One English website, buy products at Amazon US*
- Timeless Truth Masks – some are offered at Yesstyle,* though for a hefty price, and also at Amazon US*
- Some Neogence products at Yesstyle*
- Gothamista video about her Taiwanese skincare haul
- Here’s Ellie Choi’s viral Instagram post that kicked off the glass skin trend! I forgot to add that she also uses sheet masks and a toner when I talked about her routine, sorry…
- Allure article about the glass skin trend
- Byrdie article claiming it’s actually all about “cloudless skin” – oh well…
- N.B.: I do NOT think that skincare is “a scam”, like this crazy The Outline article does; here is a wonderful, much better-researched response to that horrible piece claiming all skincare is merely frivolous nonsense
- Coco Park also wrote a beautiful piece on how sheet masking helped her cope with mental illness – I myself can attest to the soothing power of a skincare routine during times of high anxiety and/or depression
- Sady Doyle argues that painting skincare as frivolous is one of many ways we belittle female pleasure in her excellent response to the “Great Skincare Debate”
- For that “glass skin” glow: VDL Lumilayer Primer – buy at Amazon Germany* or at Amazon US; ZOEVA Strobe Gel – buy at Douglas* or at ZOEVA Cosmetics; Illamasqua Hydra Veil Primer – buy at Lookfantastic*; Sleek Summer Solstice Highlighting Palette – buy at Amazon Germany* or at Amazon US*
The weekly craves, faves and misbehaves
- Crave of the week: Chateau Labiotte Wine Lip Tint Velvet – buy at Stylekorean*
- Fave of the week: Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream – buy at Wishtrend*
- Misbehave of the week: Klairs Rich Moist Foaming Cleanser – buy at Wishtrend* (at your own risk)
That’s all from episode 2 of The K-Beauty Podcast. Please make sure to subscribe on ITunes to never miss a freshly launched episode – I am super happy to now finally be able to reach so many more of you via this platform! As always, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this episode!
Take care guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!