Finally, a new The K-Beauty Podcast episode! This week, I will try my hardest to help you guys with 5 SOS skin care scenarios that can be solved – or at least calmed down noticeably – with Korean beauty products, as well as some helpful DIY recipes.
“It’s May, it’s May, the lusty month of May!” And with it comes a whole host of potentially skin-aggravating problems: hayfever, too much sunlight, too much partying… Add to that the usual risk clusters such as that time of the month, or some of us getting a bit too overexcited with our exfoliation routine, and you already have discovered my motivation for today’s The K-Beauty Podcast episode: SOS Skin Care Solutions with K-Beauty.
I feel that Korean and Asian beauty is so uniquely suited for troubled skin – they seem to have a vast variety of products that target very specific problems such as hormonal breakouts, puffiness (gotta get that “V shaped” face of K-pop idols, after all!), dull complexions or overheating. The only other country with a similar view of skin as going through certain problem phases throughout its life that need fixing (compared to a rigid “dry, normal, oily” division) is French skin care!
K-beauty, to me, is especially good at offering practical and reliable products that can soothe, brighten and fix emergencies rapidly. So, in this podcast episode I will discuss how K-beauty products can help deal with skincare emergencies, focusing on 5 particularly skin-aggravating SOS skin scenarios…
Here is episode 11 of The K-Beauty Podcast:
SOS Skin Care Solutions with K-Beauty
SOS Skin Care Solutions with K-Beauty – Episode Notes
SOS Skin Care Scenario 1: Hayfever and Seasonal Allergies
- Heimish Bulgarian Rose Water Hydrogel Eye Patches – buy at Stylekorean*
- Secret Key Racoony Eye Patches – buy the pink eye & cheek patch version* or the green version with algae extract*
- Rotho Lycée Eye Drops – buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
- Homéoplasmine ointment – buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
- Laneige Lip Masks – buy at Yesstyle* (vanilla is my favourite!)
- Petitfee Lip Masks – buy the Sea Buckthorn Lip Mask,* buy the Camellia Seed Oil Lip Mask*
- Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner – read my English review, buy at Wishtrend* (don’t forget to use code “WISH0505” for an additional 5% off site-wide!)
- Etude House Soon Jung 10 Free Moist Emulsion – buy at Stylekorean* (currently on sale!)
- Etude House Soon Jung 5-Panthensoside Cica Balm – buy at Stylekorean*
- La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra Serum – buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
- La Roche Posay Toleriane Fluid (this one is my favourite! So lightweight and gentle!) – buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
- La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra Night – this doesn’t seem to be available in the US, sadly; Germans can buy this at Docmorris*
- La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra Eye Cream – I couldn’t find this at any North American store (yet, EU residents can buy this at Amazon DE*
SOS Skin Care Scenario 2: PMS and other hormonal emergencies
- Swanicoco Germanium 3D Beauty Roller – buy at Beautytap* (and don’t forget to use coupon code “sugarpeachesloves15” for an extra special 15% off all non-sale items!!!)
- Secret Key Micro 3D Face Roller – buy at Yesstyle*
- Make On Magnetight 15 Facial Massager – I am not sure where to get this outside of South Korea, but you can read a fun review of this facial massager on Christina Hello’s blog!
- Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream – buy shade #1 and shade #2 at Amazon US*, shade #2 at Amazon DE*
- YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch Highlighter – buy at Amazon US*, Germans can buy this at Douglas*
- Clinique All About Eyes Cream – buy at Amazon US*, Germans can buy this at Douglas*
- Ärztin Klaren Acne Foam Cleanser – buy at kmall24 (currently out of stock though, sadly)
- Ärztin Klaren Lotion – buy at kmall24; read my blog article about Ärztin skincare
- Leegeehaam Hope 5 Alpha Cream – read my English review of this moisturiser; North American can buy this at Glow Recipe, Europeans can buy at Lovemycosmetic*
- Too Cool For School Egg Mousse Pack – buy at Amazon US*, Germans can buy this at Sephora Germany*
- Mediheal Tea Tree Care Solution Sheet Mask – buy at Beautytap* (15% off with coupon code “sugarpeachesloves15”)
- Leegeehaam Tea Tree 90 Essence – buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
SOS Skin Care Scenario 3: You Caught too much Sun
- Organic Aloe Vera Juice – you can buy good quality aloe vera juice at most health food stores, or at Amazon US* and Amazon DE*
- Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel – I mentioned this briefly in this German blog article, buy at Stylekorean*, buy at Lookfantastic DE*
- Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel – buy at Beautytap,* where there’s currently an amazing 35% off sale on ALL Benton products! If you missed the sale, use my code “sugarpeachesloves15” for 15% off instead
- Tosowoong Pure Propolis Sheet Masks – buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
- Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Cream – buy at Yesstyle*
- Tony Moly Naturalth Goat Milk Moisture Toner – buy at Yesstyle*
- SANA Soy Milk Moisture Skin Lotion – buy at Yesstyle*
SOS Skin Care Scenario 4: The Hangover Routine
- Cosrx One Step Original Clear Pads – buy at Beautytap* and make sure to use my special coupon code “sugarpeachescosrx” to receive 18% off all Cosrx products!
- Neogen Wine Peeling Pads – read my German review, buy at Amazon.com,* buy at Amazon DE*
- Petitfee Azulene Ultra Soothing Pads – buy at Yesstyle*
- Wish Formula C200 Bubble Peeling Pads – buy at Yesstyle*, you can also get a 4 piece pack!
- Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask – currently cheapest at Stylekorean*
- Leegeehaam Grow Matcha Clay Pack Mask – buy at Amazon US*, Germans can buy this via Lovemycosmetic
- I’m Real Honey Mask – buy at Wishtrend* (use code “WISH0505” for an additional 5% off site-wide!)
- Blithe Soothing and Healing Green Tea Splash Mask – read my German review, buy at Glow Recipe, Europeans can buy this at Honeysu
- Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Sheet Mask – buy at Wishtrend*
- Whamisa Organic Flowers Hydrogel Mask – buy at Stylekorean,* Germans can also buy at Ecco Verde*
SOS Skin Care Scenario 5: Overexfoliation
- Heimish All Clean Balm – buy at Stylekorean*
- Physiogel Calming Relief Serum – Germans can buy this at Amazon DE*; I couldn’t find an online shop for North America, sorry!
- Tony Moly Magic Food Banana Sleeping Pack – buy at Stylekorean*
- Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask – buy at Stylekorean*
The Weekly Craves, Faves and Misbehaves:
- Crave of the week: Neogen Dermalogy Real Cica Pads – buy at Amazon US*, buy at Testerkorea (low prices, but sadly also high shipping fees…)
- Fave of the week: By Wishtrend 5% Mandelic Acid Skin Prep Water – read my English review, buy at Wishtrend*
- Misbehave of the Week: EnatureSqueeze Green Watery Gel Cream – if you want you can buy this at Soko Glam
- Intro and outro music: “Puzzle Pieces” by Lee Rosevere
Thank you for your interest in this week’s episode of The K-Beauty Podcast: “SOS Skin Care Solutions with K-Beauty.” Don’t forget to subscribe on ITunes to always catch the latest podcast episode.
Let me know your SOS skin care tips and tricks in the comments!
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!