Get “podcast ready”, my darlings! Today’s episode is all about lifting these 10 exciting K-beauty brands out of their relative obscurity and into the ears of my listeners. Because, truly, if you are in love with Korean beauty as much as I am, you absolutely MUST try these 10 beautiful Korean skincare brands!
Excuse me while I still feel unable to fully mend my broken heart after Germany’s devastating FIFA World Cup defeat… thanks to Korea, no less! What a strange thing to experience as a German K-beauty blogger and podcaster!
But, alas, life goes on, and today is a beautiful new day, with a (hopefully) beautiful new episode of The K-Beauty Podcast. This time I am all about those exciting, innovative, sexy-looking K-beauty brands which are often still rather unknown in the West. Forget Tony Moly and Etude House, or even Missha: let’s hear it for the minimalist derma-brands from Korea that can easily compete with our favourite French pharmacy brands!
By the way: guys, I’m SO sorry for the overabundance of vocal fry in this episode – I didn’t realise it was this bad until I edited the podcast. My voice is super cracky and weak at the moment due to hayfever-related dryness and constant infections, so I hope you will forgive me. It makes me sound weirdly arrogant and “Kardashianenesque”, I cringed so much when I listened to it! There is also a very short moment in the episode where the audio mysteriously got corrupted, but it’s really only for a minute or even less, so hang in there!
Here is episode THIRTEEN of The K-Beauty Podcast:
10 Exciting K-Beauty Brands You MUST Try!
Episode Notes: 10 Exciting K-Beauty Brands You MUST Try!
My top 3 Leegeehaam product picks:
- Leegeehaam Tee Tree 90 Essence – read my German review of the LJH Tea Tree range, buy the essence at Yesstyle* (pictures still shows the old packaging, I’m guessing most retailers will sell off their older stock first before getting the relaunched products; ingredients haven’t changed)
- Leegeehaam Grow Hyal B5 Ampoule – read my English review of the Hyal B5 Ampoule, buy the ampoule at Stylekorean*
- Leegeehaam Vita Propolis Ampoule – read my German review of the Vita Propolis products, this is by now quite readily available, for instance at Yesstyle*
My top 3 Kicho product picks:
- Kicho Ultra Moisturizing Sun Cream – read my German review, buy at Amazon US*
- Kicho Natural Mineral Foaming Cleanser – read my German review, buy at Stylekorean*
- Kicho Camellia Sleeping Pack – read my German review, buy at Amazon US*, or the fancy gift set with a golden mask brush* (you can find images of it in my review article!); currently on sale at Stylekorean*
- Sadly, Swanicoco’s global website seems to be having problems, so only the Korean-language website is available
- Read more about the brand in my English review of the (excellent!) Swanicoco Lifetime Saver Bio Cream
- Beautytap often has 30% off ALL Swanicoco* sales, so keep your eye out for those – if you spent 100$ or more on Beautytap, you can use coupon code “sugarpeachessummer” for another 15$ off! Offer lasts till the 1st of July, so hurry!
My top 3 Swanicoco product picks:
- Swanicoco Fermentation Snail Care Skintoner – buy at Beautytap*
- Swanicoco FGF Ampoule R – read my English review of this product, buy at Beautytap*
- Swanicoco Overnight Intensive Recharging Hydrogel Mask – buy at Beautytap*
4. Wish Formula
My top 3 Wish Formula product picks:
- Wish Formula C200 Bubble Peeling Pad – read my German review, buy at Yesstyle in a single size,* or a 4 pads pack*
- Wish Formula Fermented Oil Free Dr. Mild Sun Block SPF50 – buy at Yesstyle*
- Wish Formula Aesthetic Reparative K Cream – buy at Yesstyle*
My top 3 Ärztin product picks:
- Ärztin Regenerative Schild Ampoule – buy at kmall24
- Ärztin Klaren AC Control Lotion – buy at kmall24
- Ärztin Whitening Coating Mask – buy at kmall24 (box of 10)
6. Proud Mary
My top 3 Proud Mary product picks:
- Proud Mary Lacto Fresh Toner – buy at Yesstyle*
- Proud Mary Azulene Ampoule – buy at Yesstyle*
- Proud Mary Bifida Vital Essence – buy at Yesstyle*
My top 3 Sioris product picks:
- Sioris Time Is Running out Mist – currently only available from US-only shop Melody Cosme or Australian shop Franki and Seoul
- Sioris Bring the Light into Your Skin Serum – buy at Melody Cosme
- Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser – buy at Melody Cosme, buy at Franki and Seoul
8. Yuri Pibu
My top 3 Yuri Pibu product picks:
- Yuri Pibu Artichoke Power Essence – buy at Glow Recipe
- Yuri Pibu Parsley Herb Toner – buy at Glow Recipe
- Yuri Pibu Cellum Amaid Essence – buy at Amazon US,* buy at Amazon DE*
9. Blanc Doux
My top 3 Blanc Doux product picks:
- Blanc Doux The Lab Oligo Hyaluronic Acid 5000 Toner – buy at kmall24
- Blanc Doux Pinot Noir Spray Serum – buy at kmall24
- Blanc Doux Rosé Leaf and Wine Deep Hydrating Essence – currently only available directly from the Korean website, so you will probably have to use a buying service such as Korean buddy to get it shipped to you
10. U:RE Skin
- Visit their Korean website
- a small product range is available on Amazon.com*
- a short essay on zeolites in skincare
My top 3 U:RE Skin product picks:
- U:RE Skin Eggplant Master Clear Pads – available at Amazon US*
- U:RE Skin Eggplant Master All-in-One Toner – consider requesting this on Testerkorea or RoseRose; otherwise available only via the Korean website for now
- U:RE Skin Anti Blue Light Mist – available as a “requested item” at Testerkorea
The Weekly Craves, Faves and Misbehaves:
- Crave of the week: A.H.C. Natural Plus Sun Stick SPF50 – buy it on Amazon US*
- Fave of the week: Heimish Artless Glow Base with SPF50 – available at Stylekorean*
- Misbehave of the Week: Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner – available at Stylekorean*
- Intro and outro music: “Puzzle Pieces” by Lee Rosevere
- Buy me a virtual coffee if you like!
Thank you for listening to in this week’s episode of The K-Beauty Podcast: “10 Exciting K-Beauty Brands You MUST Try!” Make sure to subscribe on ITunes to always catch the latest podcast episode!
Have you tried any of the brands mentioned here? Which K-beauty brands make your heart currently beat faster?
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!