Table of Contents
Contains affiliate Links! This week’s “Heat Wave Emergency Episode” of The K-Beauty Podcast is brought to you courtesy of my sweaty, dehydrated and oily mess of a face! In order to help both me and my Northern hemisphere listeners to cool down and somehow survive the heat-filled weeks to come, I decided to share my most trusted K-Beauty summer skincare tips and tricks with you!
This is a heat wave emergency podcast episode, I repeat, a heat wave emergency podcast episode: keep calm, grab yourself a sheet mask from the fridge, hide behind a running electric fan, and find out how K-beauty products can help you and your skin face the coming weeks full of brain-meltingly intense sunshine.
Summer has arrived in Germany, and of course I instantly started regretting ever wishing for hot days – what was I thinking?! I don’t do well with high temperatures at all, and especially humidity tends to wreak havoc on my skin: increased sebum levels, redness, enlarged pores, more breakouts, extreme dehydration – you name it, I will probably have it right now. And so I felt inspired to chat about all the amazing K-beauty products (with some Taiwanese sheet masks thrown into the mix as well) that are currently helping me stay sane in this heat. From tips on how to cool down during the day, ideas for a lighter, heat wave friendly skincare routine, to effective anti-redness solutions, I’ve got you sorted, my dear listeners!
Here is episode FOURTEEN of The K-Beauty Podcast: Heat Wave Emergency Episode!
Episode Notes: Heat Wave Emergency Episode!
- Some sobering facts about the current heat wave in the UK and parts of continental Europe
- A scary forecast for future heat developments in India!
- Intro and outro music for the podcast is “Puzzle Pieces” by Lee Rosevere
Heat Wave Emergency Episode – Products mentioned
- Avène Mineral Sun Fluid SPF50 – in Germany, you can buy this at Amazon DE*, sadly not available in the US it seems, but the equally excellent La Roche Posay Anthelios Sun Fluid* is another favourite of mine!
- Kicho Ultra Moisturizing Sun Cream SPF50+ – buy at Amazon US*
- Wish Formula Fermented Oil Free Dr. Mild Sun Block SPF50+ – buy at Yesstyle*
- The Etude House Sunprise Airy Finish SPF50+ – buy at Yesstyle*
- Canmake Mermaid Skin Gel UV SPF 50+ – buy at Yesstyle*
Sun sticks and sun cushions for re-application:
- Innisfree Ato Soothing Sun Stick SPF50+ (Director Pi approved physical sunscreen!) – buy at Sweetcorea
- Carezone Doctor Solution Derma Repair Cica Sun Stick SPF47 (Director Pi approved physical sunscreen!) – buy at Amazon US*
- Atopalm Green Relief Sun Cushion SPF43 – buy at Yesstyle*
- Laneige Marshmallow Sun Cushion SPF SPF50 – buy at Yesstyle*
- For more sun cushion and sun stick recommendations, check out Director Pi’s awesome comparison video of over 30 products!
Layer-friendly Korean skin toners and essences:
- My German blog article about the 7 Skin Method
- Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner – read my English review, buy at Wishtrend*
- Swanicoco Fermentation Snail Care Skintoner – buy at Beautytap*
- Whamisa Organic Flowers Deep Rich Toner – buy at Stylekorean,* Europeans can also buy this at Ecco Verde*
- It’s Skin Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Toner – buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
- Hada Labo Goku-Jyun Hyaluronic Acid Lotion Moist – buy at Amazon US*, buy at Amazon DE*
- Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence Rose Edition – buy at Yesstyle*
- Scinic First Treatment Essence – buy at Yesstyle*
- Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Intensive Moist – buy at Yesstyle*
- Heimish Bulgarian Rose Water Hydrogel Eye Patches – buy at Stylekorean*
- Erborian Sève de Bamboo Eye Serum – buy at Feelunique*
Serums, emulsions and moisturisers:
- Atoclassic Real Tonic Soothing Origin Essence – read my English review, buy at Bemused Korea
- Erborian Bamboo Crème Frappee – buy at Feelunique*, buy at Amazon US*
- Blithe Pressed Serum Crystal Iceplant – read my German review, buy at Amazon US*
- Leegeehaam Hope 5α Control Cream – buy at Yesstyle*, Germans can also get this at Lovemycosmetic
- Hanyul Pure Artemisia Fresh Calming Gel – buy at Yesstyle*, Germans can buy at Amazon DE*
- Cosrx Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion – buy at Yesstyle*
- Swanicoco Fermentation Snail Care Emulsion – buy at Beautytap*
Recommendations for drier skin types:
- Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream – buy at Wishtrend*
- Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum – buy at Wishtrend*, you can also get a set* with both the Klairs serum and cream
- Ärztin Ä Barriere Crème – read my review of the Ärztin brand and listen to my podcast episode on 10 amazing, yet unknown K-beauty brands!, you can buy the cream at Kmall24
- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask – buy at Wishtrend*
My current favourite face mists:
- Leegeehaam Hope PLC Solution mist – more info on this here, not available outside of Korea yet, but you can use a shipping service and buy this directly via the Korea-only Leegeehaam online mall
- Atoclassic Real Tonic Soothing Moist Mist – read my product review, buy at Bemused Korea
- Heimish Bulgarian Rose Water Mist Serum – buy at Stylekorean*
Refreshing, hydrating and healing sheet masks:
- Miss Ô Outdoor Face Mask – buy at Beautibi, EU peeps best buy at Miss and Missy
- Miss Ô Makeup Facial Mask – buy at Beautibi, EU peeps buy at Miss and Missy
- Kingirls Lavender Extract Invisible Face Mask – buy at Beautibi, buy at Miss and Missy
- Whamisa Organic Seeds Hydrogel Mask – buy at Stylekorean*, buy at Ecco Verde* (EU/Germany)
- Lovemore Bamboo Liquid Moisturizing Mask Sheet – buy at Yesstyle*
- Benton Aloe Soothing Mask Pack – buy at Yesstyle*
- Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream – buy this in a large 60ml tube at Wishtrend* for a limited time only!
- Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Serum – buy at Stylekorean* or at Yesstyle* (compare prices, they change almost daily!)
- Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Colour Correcting Treatment – buy at Yesstyle*
Snail Products to soothe troubled skin:
- Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence – available at most Korean beauty retailers, currently cheapest at Yesstyle* but double-check prices on the day you purchase!
- Tosowoong Pure Mask Pack “Pure Snail” – buy single mask at Yesstyle,* buy 10 masks at Amazon US*
- Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence – again, you can find this pretty much anywhere, but Yesstyle* often has amazing sales on Benton products!
- Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule – refreshing, yet hydrating, so great for summer! Buy at Yesstyle*
The Weekly Craves, Faves and Misbehaves:
- Crave of the week: Cosrx Hydrogel Very Simple Pack – buy at Testerkorea
- Fave of the week: Chobs Centella Asiatica Organic Face Serum – buy at Koco Republic
- The organic BDIH certification explained
- Misbehave of the week: Purito Galacto Niacin 97 Power Essence – buy at Beautytap*
As always, a big thanks to you for tuning in to this week’s “Heatwave Emergency Episode!” of The K-Beauty Podcast. Make sure to subscribe on ITunes to always catch the latest podcast episode, or find us on Stitcher. If you want to support my creative work, you can now buy me a virtual coffee on my ko-fi page if you like!
Let me know in the comments: Are you currently suffering from high temperatures and the worldwide heat wave? What are your go to skincare hacks in hot weather?
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!