Lately I’ve been thinking about how strange life’s twists and turns can be – how I ended up being a German girl blogging and podcasting about Korean beauty products. It’s crazy what a strong impact discovering K-beauty has had on my life. In today’s episode of The K-Beauty Podcast, I’ll be reminiscing about all the ways that K-beauty has changed me and – of course – my skin!
First of all: let me just say how extra pleased I am with the title image for these episode notes! I’m loving that dusky pink colour story. Sorry, it’s bad form to be so self-congratulatory, but I always feel so happy when my limited Canva skills produce something pretty! Anyway, for today’s episode of The K-Beauty Podcast, I wanted to do something a little bit more casual and fun, and I decided to talk about 10 ways that K-beauty has changed me.
Writing down all the manifold ways Korean beauty products have impacted my life has been quite astounding, since I never realised HOW strongly something as seemingly simple as skincare can shape your everyday life. Sometimes these are rather shallow things, such as becoming obsessed with the perfect “skincare shelfie” or the best “texture shot”, but I have also learned to use my beauty routine as a way to cope with anxiety and combat loneliness.
I hope many of you, my dear listeners, will be able to smile, laugh and maybe even nod rigorously during this episode, and I would love to hear the ways in which K-beauty and being part of the global Asian beauty community has changed your life! So, without further ado, here is the newest episode of The K-Beauty Podcast!
Here is episode SIXTEEN of The K-Beauty Podcast: 10 Ways that K-Beauty Has Changed Me (And My Skin)
Episode Notes: 10 Ways that K-Beauty Has Changed Me (And My Skin)!
“Bae” Makeup Products mentioned:
- Tony Moly Crystal Mini Cushion Blush – buy at Yesstyle*
- Peripera “Ah much real!” My Cushion Blush – buy at Yesstyle*
- Missha M Perfect Covering BB Cream – buy at Stylekorean* or at Yesstyle*
- Missha Magic Cushion Moist Up (updated version of the “Magic Cushion Moisture”) – currently cheapest at Stylekorean*, but also usually also available at Amazon US*
- Peripera Ink the Airy Velvet lip tints (my favourite are “Elf Light Rose” and “Dry Rose Brown”!) – read my German review, buy them cheapest usually at Yesstyle*
- Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tints – buy at Yesstyle*
- CLIO Kill Cover Waterproof Pen Liner – buy at Yesstyle*
Multistep Skincare Routine Faves:
- Hada Labo Goko-Jyun Lotion “premium” (the richest version of the hada labo lotions, with 5 types of hyaluronic acid) – buy at Yesstyle*
- CHOBS Organic Centella Asiatica Serum – read my English review of this serum, buy at Koco Republic UK*
- Leegeehaam Tea Tree Essence – read my German review of the older version of this essence, buy the renewed version at Yesstyle*
- Swanicoco FGF Ampoule R – read my English review, buy at Beautytap*
- Tosowoong Propolis Sparkle Ampoule – buy at Yesstyle* or Amazon US*
Get that K-Beauty Glow:
- Peach & Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum – buy at Peach & Lily
- Leegeehaam Vita Propolis Ampoule – buy at Yesstyle*
- Leegeehaam Vita Propolis Cream – buy at Amazon US*, Germans can buy at Amazon DE*
- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask – read my English review, buy at Wishtrend*
- Atoclassic Real Tonic Soothing Origin Essence – read my English review, buy at Bemused Korea*
Amazing and Unique K-Beauty Products:
- Klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream – buy at Wishtrend*
- Hera UV Mist Cushion Cover – buy at Yesstyle* or at Beautytap* (compare prices!)
- IOPE Air Cushion Cover – buy at Yesstyle*
- Laneige BB Cushion Anti Ageing – buy at Yesstyle*
- Troiareuke Seoul Cushion – buy at Yesstyle* or at Beautytap* (prices can vary, so compare!)
- Hydrogel masks: Whamisa Organic Flowers & Aloe Vera Fermented Hydrogel Sheet Mask,* Whamisa Organic Seeds & Rice Fermented Hydrogel Sheet Mask*
- Enature Cicaherb Restore Sheet Mask – buy a 10 piece mask pack at Yesstyle*
- Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner – buy at Wishtrend*
- Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence Rose – buy at Yesstyle*
- Swanicoco The Bio Therapy 1st Essence – buy at Beautytap*
Dehydrated vs. Dry Skin
- The Klog explains the difference between dehydrated and dry quite well
- This Youtube video by Gothamista is also a great starting point!
- Cosrx Low Ph Good Morning Gel Cleanser – buy at Yesstyle*, buy at Beautytap* (compare prices!)
- Hada Labo Goku-Jyun Super Hyaluronic Face Foam – buy at Yesstyle*
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – buy at Yesstyle* or at Amazon US*
- Commleaf Rose Sleeping Mask – buy at Amazon US*
- Blithe Pressed Serum Tundra Chaga – buy at Amazon US*
- Ärztin Regenerative Schild Crème – buy at Kmall24*
- Leegeehaam 5 Alpha Control Cream – read my English review, buy at Yesstyle* (for a really good price at the moment!)
- Leegeehaam Hyal B5 Ampoule – buy at Stylekorean*
- I’m From Real Honey Mask – buy at Wishtrend*
- T’iam Trouble Drying Pink Bubble Mask – read my German review (and enjoy the texture shots!), buy at Beautytap*
- Peach & Lily Matcha Pudding Antioxidant Cream – buy at Peach & Lily (currently sold out though)
“Sugarpeaches, Brand Detective”
- Listen to my podcast episode about 10 lesser-known K-beauty brands I adore!
- Oh U:RE Skin, how you drove me insane when I tried to find your website…
K-Beauty Ingredients that get my pulse raising!
- Listen to the K-Beauty Podcast episode on 5 sexy skincare ingredients that you and your skin will adore
- Tia’m Snail & Azulene Water Essence – buy at Beautytap*
- Swanicoco Lifetime Saver Bio Cream – read my English review, buy at Beautytap*
- Blanc Doux Oligo Hyaluronic Acid 5000 Toner – buy at kmall24
K-Beauty and Self-Care
Listen to my very personal podcast episode about Self-Care with K-Beauty
Beautiful People of the Global K-Beauty
- All hail the Queen, Rene, a.k.a Gothamista
- The Lovely Fiddy, a.k.a Fifty Shades of Snail
- Dearest Shia – say hi to her on Instagram or, if you know German, head over to her blog
- Miss Laven – tell her I sent you when you check out her Instagram or her English blog
The Weekly Craves, Faves and Misbehaves:
- Crave of the week: Nakeup Face PHA Water Tox Ampoule – buy at Yesstyle*
- Fave of the week: Commleaf Green Tea Oil Blotting Paper – find out more about Commleaf; find similar green tea blotting papers at Yesstyle*
- Misbehave of the week: Unpa Bubi Bubi Lip Bubble Mask – you can buy this at Amazon US* if you are intrigued by the idea of a bubble mask for lips!
Thank you, as always, for listening to this week’s episode of The K-Beauty Podcast about all the ways that K-beauty has changed me and my skincare journey! Remember to subscribe on ITunes so that you never miss a new podcast episode, or catch up on Stitcher. If you are enjoying my content and find it worth supporting, you can now donate a small amount to my ko-fi page!
Let me know in the comments: How has K-beauty changed you and your skincare habits? Have you become as obsessed with all things Korean beauty as me?
Take care, guys!
*Affiliate Links, meaning I earn a small commission if you decide to use the link to purchase an item. This does not raise the purchase price for you, and it helps me and my blog to grow – so, thank you for supporting me in this way!